Electrical engineering, one of the core courses of engineering discipline deals with the study of design, development, and maintenance of electrical systems and their components, ensuring quality, safety, reliability, and sustainability. The course focuses on the manufacturing of electrical equipment used in a number of sectors including construction and building and the production and distribution of power. Students pursuing electrical engineering study about semiconductors and microprocessors. The undergraduate course will award a B.Tech / B.E. degree and the postgraduate course.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY IS A comprehensive study of electrical principles and practices, this nationally accredited program deals with the operation of electrical and electronic equipment, specialized testing equipment and computer software.
Scope of electrical engineering
- There are lots of job opportunities in the field of electrical engineering.
Electrical Engineers are much in demand in India. In the recent years, from house to companies every where there is a necessity of electricity to function, offering numerous opportunities to electrical engineers.
- An electrical engineer designs, develops and maintains the electrical control system to the required specifications, and focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality.
- Building industries and services, transportation network, construction and manufacturing, and production and the distribution of power are some of the specific fields of career development.
- These engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants. Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries
- An electrical engineer can work with the industries deals in product development, system management, product design, sales, amusements, consumers’ electronics, transportation, wireless communication, manufacturing, chemical, automotive, defense and pharmaceutical.
- Higher studies option are also available for B.E./B.Tech graduate in Electrical Engineering. Candidates possessing master’s degree in this field can choose their profession in teaching field and can further go for research work after getting doctor of philosophy degree in electrical engineering.